10 Reasons Why To Visit the Reunion Islands
10 Reasons Why To Visit The Reunion Islands. Réunion Island can be found in the Indian Ocean. And while it is part of France, almost everyone on the island speaks Reunion Creole in addition to French. This island has been inhabited since the 16th century and today is considered quite prosperous.
1. It is very easy to get a visa for travel to the island. Which means that there is little to do in preparation for this trip.
2. There are numerous direct flights available to Reunion Island, and anyone that flies from France will find themselves on a domestic flight.
3. The active basaltic volcano of Piton de la Fournaise found on this island. It is quite site. When it is erupting people can see lava pouring down the sides. It is not possible for everyone can hike it to see the crater and the volcanic plains.
4. Some of the villages on the island can be found inside large craters and they are begging to be seen by visitors. Cirque de Cilaos is a popular one for peoples attraction.There is only one road in and out of the crater and once inside everyone will feel the temperature drop. See lush rainforests and waterfalls instead of ragged rocks.
5. There are one thousand kilometers of hiking trails on the island and they all lead through breathtaking areas with each one being more beautiful than the last. As people are walking along these trails they will want to keep count of how many waterfalls they pass by as there are so many on the island.
6. Divers will want to visit Reunion Island for the clear water, five hundred different fish species, and the one hundred and fifty different species of coral. Diving is easiest on the west coast. Superb underwater lava flows can see while diving on the east coast.
7. The island produces some of the best rum in the world and there is a museum dedicated to this delicious alcohol, La Saga du Rhum, in Saint-Pierre. The rum can be drank alone or with any number of self-blending herbs and spices.
8. Everyone must eat the traditional carri while visiting the island. It is an authentic Creole dish made with meat, fish, seafood or poultry. Garlic, tomatoes, onion, turmeric, cloves and ginger is added. Other foods that must be eat include buttery pastries, curried lentils and dragon fruit.
9. The markets are a wonderful place to learn more about the local cuisine while also picking up some souvenirs. There are numerous markets on the island we recommend the Saturday market in Saint Pierre.
10. The weather on the island is quite tropical year-round. If it does happen to rain it will be a light shower in the afternoon for a minute or two.
Planning For Reunion Honeymoon Package ?
Anyone that hasn’t been to Reunion Island the above 10 Reasons Why To Visit The Reunion Islands will want to plan their trip there soon as this destination sounds like paradise in the middle of the ocean!
Book Reunion Honeymoon Package.